The global advertisement industry has been given a new dimension with the increasing adoption of digital signage installations. Earlier these were confined to the Retail industry, but are now gaining popularity in the sectors of BFSI, Healthcare, Education, Entertainment, Telecoms, Transportation, etc.
We have seen major adoption of digital signage installations in Europe, North America and other developed markets, but now we can see increasing penetration in India as well. The India digital signage market is still in a nascent stage and is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 25% in the next 5 years to 2017. Out of Home (OOH) advertisements are the major revenue generating segment for this market in India.
Though, there are many vendors who provide equipment for professional displays, Panasonic is seen to have the potential to emerge as a market leader. Panasonic provides professional displays that are LED, LCD and plasma based. The company has a well diversified portfolio, offering displays with screen sizes of 42, 50, 55, 60, 65, 85, 100 and 152 inch. The vendor also plans to add 70 and 80 inch displays to its portfolio shortly.
Now the question arises why would I choose Panasonic? My answer to this lies in the following points:
- Higher luminous efficacy, which helps to reduce power consumption by almost 35%
- Sharper images, even when viewed at different angles
- Highly robust and durable with very strong glass
- Very high contrast ratio
- Long panel life up to 100,000 hours of viewing
- HDTV color, Responsive color processing engine etc.
Apart from the above advantages, Panasonic also offers video wall solutions that have ultra narrow bezel design, which makes them ideal user choice. The average bezel width is just 2.65 mm, which makes them perfect for seamless HD visuals.
With well diversified display portfolio, Panasonic certainly has an edge over its competitors and is expected to capture significant pie in the market share in the next few years.
- Telecoms2013.06.21Micromax ‘Canvas 4’ launch to woo discerning smartphone customers: door left ajar for further technology upgrades
- Semiconductors2013.05.13Expect the sunshine era of India’s Semiconductor & Electronics industry…!!!
- SemiTronics2013.03.21Why I would trust Panasonic while choosing displays for digital signage installations
- SemiTronics2013.03.21Cadence Design Systems gaining ground in the semiconductor IP race